Monday, September 12, 2016

2664 & 2665 Stockbridge, Lenox, Lee & 49 Years, Housatonic Coffee, Richard Haas

Sold Above #2664, "Stockbridge, Lenox, Lee," still life, acrylic, 6" x 6"
sold Above, "49 Years, Housatonic Coffee & Richard Hass," 
still life, acrylic, 6" x 6" 

As you well know, every time I come back from a workshop it is my new most favorite place on earth. I've been to Stockbridge and the Berkshires before but fell in love all over again. A short car ride away from headquarters, (less than two and a half hours), transported me to the land of green grass, rolling hills, quacking ducks, my own lake (sort of) and an art school, IS183 in a stately Mansard roof, 1870's historical schoolhouse run by the most interesting and enthusiastic artists.

I was pleasantly greeted by the director and the studio manager on Friday, given the grand tour and then ventured off to my hotel, which, had kayaks (I know, right?). This was the view from my deck, despite all the reading material I brought to catch up on, I could resist the call of the sirens no longer and I indulged in a little sunset paddle. . .