Monday, July 27, 2015

2254 chair edge

sold still life, acrylic, 6" x 6"

I'm back and almost unpacked from Nantucket. I didn't bring my laptop with me, so I'm a little out of touch. I can't seem to manage to type full sentences on an ipad or iphone like everyone else - I need two handed typing - long live the home row - so I tend to forgo sending emails. Plus my phone hates me - as in auto spell-check mocks me. Recent proof of the playful mind of my iphone while messaging  - "I nipped it in the nimbus," - not what I was going for at all but it does seem to have a certain symbolism to it.


Nantucket in Review; On Wednesday I arrived in Nantucket to teach at the Artists Association of Nantucket - https://www.nantucketarts.org the AAN recently redesigned a building on Amelia Drive. The building houses several classroom studios, private studios, a print room, clay room, gallery and an artist's residence. The center is hosting a ton of painting, drawing and printmaking classes. Along with lectures and talks - such a valuable resource.



In Other News: I added a daily painting to the artist's residence wall - #2251, "On the Wall," resides in Nantucket alongside the work of artist Megan Hinton and others. 



I'm back for the rest of the summer but am planning a couple more workshops for the fall - details to follow!