Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The First Tuesday #678


















The painting above is the one I did at Hingham Square on Sat. Mind you, I changed it about three more times when I got home trying to get the color 'right' - because I did not take a photo and I chased the light for approximately four hours - not the best idea I've ever had, but it was the first day outside this season, so I expected some goofing around on my part. . . the surface is gunky as a result.

After playing some more, today I did the other one (below) from the first one. trying to simplify - there's things I like about both - one thing is that hedge! And oh, the thing I was initially drawn to, the handles of the rakes and the shadow they cast, never made the final cut. . . click here to purchase below painting, 6x6in, $100 (above one is nfs - it's just too gunky to sell)